202Creates showcases the artists, makers and entrepreneurs who contribute to the District’s creative industries and engages residents to build community in all 8 wards.
September 2018: To date, 202Creates has accepted a total of 68 DC residences into the 202Creates Residency Program, which provides artists and creative entrepreneurs access to OCTFME office space and resources. 202Creates has also recorded 104 podcast episodes, produced 80 videos, and 23 TV episodes to help high creative DC residents and their creatives spaces.
August 2017: Mayor Bowser kicked off the District’s second annual 202Creates, a month-long showcase of the District’s diverse and vibrant creative community. Throughout September, 202Creates will highlight the artists, makers, and entrepreneurs who contribute to Washington, DC’s creative economy. To date, 202Creates has supported more than 4,000 events. Click here for the full press release.
- Timeline: In-progress (launched in September 2016)
- Lead and key partners: Office of Cable Television, Film, Music and Entertainment (OCTFME)
- Related core sectors: creative economy, media and communications, professional services, hospitality and tourism
- Related opportunity areas: hospitality innovation, professional services innovation
- Related action areas: DC identity and promotion