Development project to bring a tech incubator, more than 200 jobs, and needed retail to Ward 8. The development will include a Real Estate Entrepreneurship Career Academy and an incubator to support the creation of local technology firms. Specifically, the incubator will provide mentorship, training and development for the creation of local CBE technology firms while the Real Estate Academy will give Ward 7 and 8 residents the tools to enter the real estate profession and to participate in the development of their neighborhoods.
February 2018: The Menkiti Group and Enlightened Inc. plan to break ground in 2019.
- Timeline: FY18-19 (announced December 2016)
- Lead and key partners: Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development (DMPED), Dept. of Housing and Community Development (DHCD)
- Related core sectors: real estate, retail, technology
- Related opportunity areas: impact economy, smart cities and civic solutions, security technology
- Related action areas: talent, space and supports, funding