Learn Earn Advance and Prosper is a program designed to train DC residents for DC government jobs. Residents are trained on the job for entry level positions during a 12-month period while working toward a degree or industry certification. Click here for details.
September 2018: The LEAP Academy was launched in April 2015 to connect the city’s unemployed to job training opportunities. The Earn & Learn approach offers wrap-around services, empowers residents to gain work experience while earning a living wage and enhancing their future employment options. Here are some results of the LEAP program since launch:
- LEAP percentage of participants on TANF has dropped from 55% before the program to 22% after the program.
- LEAP participant wages jumped from $0 to an average annual income of $29,988.
- Nearly 80% of participants were hired after successfully completing the program.
- Timeline: in-progress
- Lead and key partners: DOES
- Related core sectors: government
- Related opportunity areas: security technology
- Related action areas: talent